A day for me

I have a whole day to myself today; well, at least the next 8 hours. I have an appointment for a haircut, but other than that, I don't have any idea what to do. Sure, I know what I *should* be doing - the kitchen is a mess, there are piles of laundry, etc. But damn, I just want a day with nothing, no expectations. I think that's what I miss most about being single. You're not accountable to anyone, there's no one to disappoint except yourself.

Don't get me wrong, I love my fiance and I love our relationship. But sometimes I really do identify with the "ball and chain" metaphor. I probably impose that on myself more than he does on me. And I know he feels the same. It's definitely time for a day away from each other, and I wish I had somewhere else to go. What with the price of gas, and the bills I need to pay, it's just not happening.

I'm just full of whine today - it's too windy/cold out to go biking or walking. The house is a mess but I don't feel like doing anything about it. I don't want to watch TV. I don't want to... the list goes on. I haven't any idea what I do want to do, and that feels odd and somehow pathetic. I should know, but feeling that only makes it worse. Just thinking makes it worse. The Nike slogan would apply here. Just fucking do it. Do something, do anything.

No comments: