meh.

I thought the showering and the clean clothes and the caffeine would make me feel more motivated, but actually, getting out of the house made me feel worse, because it's sunny and nice, but I have to sit in front of a computer.

I've been full of anxiety lately, and it's not hard to see why. We're moving, I'm (supposed to be) job hunting, we're (supposed to be) house hunting, and I've got people breathing down my neck about projects I'd said I'd complete once I was out of school. The default for me and most people I know is temporary paralysis. We just shut down and mope around the house in our bathrobes until someone pokes us hard enough with a sharp stick that we're once more motivated to move.

I've come to the conclusion that humans are, at base, profoundly irrational creatures desperately searching for any bit of rationality they can find - but then furiously destroying it once they've found it. Perhaps it's time to embrace our irrationality and face the fact that rational thought is forever going to be that piece of driftwood just out of reach while we flail in the currents of our own thoughts.

I didn't mean to be this deep today. This was going to be a post about how I'm so over LOLcats, and how I've completely failed to grasp the point of Twitter. Then there was going to be something about the coolness of (some) HDR work on Flickr (and the banality of others). But, ya know, you really can't predict.

My designated Web Hour is coming to a close, so it's time to get back on the horse and ride it off into the SQL sunset.

No comments: